Installing Mac OS X Mavericks vs Microsoft Windows 8.1
Steps to update Mac OS X Mavericks
– Open App Store in your Mac, type in Mavericks, click install and enter your credentials.
– Wait for the download, machine reboots and you are done!
Excellent user experience, done in a few minutes and just wait a bit for the download and install. Kudos to Apple.
Steps to update from Windows 8 to 8.1
– Google how to update, read the instructions
– Find out you need to do the updates (to Maps, Skydrive, …) before actually installing
– Read in the article that when you open the Store there will be a huge billboard telling you to update
– Open the Windows Store and find NOTHING
– Search for “8.1” and the only thing you get is all kinds of “My app for 8.1”
– Google again to see what the hell is going on
– Finding this article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-can-t-find-update-store
– Getting upset because Microsoft still does not get it that people want a simple user experience