Say what? I got this error and was pretty much clueless. It is under Windows Server 2012 and it didn’t occur in 2008 HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information: Module IIS Web Core Notification BeginRequest Handler Not yet determined Error Code 0x80070021 Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false". Config File \\?\C:\myapp\web.config Requested URL https://localhost:443/api/v1/Login Physical Path C:\myapp\api\v1\login Logon Method Not yet determined Logon User Not yet determined Config Source: 90: < /modules > 91: < handlers > 92: < remove name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-ISAPI-4.0_32bit" / > More Information: This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error. View more information » How did I solve it? Add Application Development from the Features! Remember to add the 4.5 stuff if you need it And […]
So yes I am annoyed too. I am one of those who thinks Win XP is the best OS from the Microsoft family… however I got to like Win7 a lot. Now I am in Win8 (and Server 2012) and the horrible usability gives me a hard time. Only accepted a bit by the nice looks of it and speed. So trying to make my life easier I just discovered the nicest short cut (apart from Win + C for getting the oddly name thingie on the right) Win + X. A geek’s new best friend in Win8
Take a deep look at Windows 8 screen. Now think hard… What does it look like? Hint: see below The Windows 8 screen is just the Windows 3.1 one with a blue background! Is Microsoft saving some money in design here or did they bring someone old back to the team?
Well basically it happened to me today! Mainly because of Memorial Day, I had the chance to clean up my inbox. However this does not mean only reading or glancing one email after another or “Mark all as read:. Do the following (some taken from the “Getting things done” book by David Allen, just a bit modified for my needs) – If there is nothing you can do about it, simply mark as read and let it go. This is the most difficult one of all categories because it is hard to accept that there is nothing you can actually do about it. Accept it – If you can do something but not now and it is not that importante, then [create a task in Jira (I have my own) or some other task tracking/Kanban/post it/whatever system you use] so that you can take care of it later. This is your “do it later, not important queue”. – If it is important, you can complete it now and it is (relatively) quick then – If it is important but you can’t complete it now, then schedule it in your important queue. Use Kanban when possible. No more than 5 important […]
My last post was about taking databases offline, which if in use can be very problematic. So before doing anything that can be interrupted if there is an open connection just run this: CREATE TABLE #sp_who2 (SPID INT,Status VARCHAR(255), Login VARCHAR(255),HostName VARCHAR(255), BlkBy VARCHAR(255),DBName VARCHAR(255), Command VARCHAR(255),CPUTime INT, DiskIO INT,LastBatch VARCHAR(255), ProgramName VARCHAR(255),SPID2 INT, REQUESTID INT) INSERT INTO #sp_who2 EXEC sp_who2 SELECT * FROM #sp_who2 -- Add any filtering of the results here : WHERE DBName 'master' -- Add any sorting of the results here : ORDER BY DBName ASC DROP TABLE #sp_who2 Please note that sp_who2 is undocumented by Microsoft so it might change
Taking a database offline is a very simple task. Right click on it and select ‘Take offline’. However, if the database is being used at the moment the action will fail and your database may remain in limbo for a (sometimes long) while. Msg 952, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_who, Line 79 Database ‘UATdb’ is in transition. Try the statement later. Try this instead: ALTER DATABASE UATdb SET OFFLINE WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
Simply because Google Drive is crap. Here is a list of things it did to me: – No LAN sync, don’t know if already fixed but it is impossible to sync 100GB on each machine, and they are next to each other in the same LAN – Duplicated my files, when I reformatted the computer and tried to install it again. Dropbox recognizes it is the same folder and files so no need to redownload the 100GB again – Have two computers, next to each other, and they show different file counts. I reported to Google and they said just restart Google Drive. No luck – And last but not least, I turned if off a few days and not tried to turn it on again. Guess what… It “forgot” I had already downloaded my many GBs of files and is trying to set up a new folder. Which will duplicate my files again and again and simply just make me lose my time. Bye Google Drive, welcome 200 GB Dropbox