I know this is a bit old already, but I hope someone from Google reads my post and they do something about it (I wish).
So let me summarize this, I have:
- 50GB Dropbox account for $9.99 a month
- 100GB Google for $4.99 a month
- 47GB used in my Amazon S3 account ($7.99)
- 25GB Skydrive which is free… but I hate and never use… even for free
No question about it, Dropbox is superior in everything, except price (S3 doesn’t have really a UI, I use CloudBerry Explorer)
Here are my biggest complaints on Google drive:
- It crashed and I had to re log in. Now it doesn’t let me select the same folder and it tells me I need to select an empty folder. Dumb Google Drive… Dropbox lets me select an older Dropbox folder and it automatically checks if files there are newer or older
Now I have an extra 45 GB of stuff and I hogged the office’s internet connection!
Google: great price, but please pay attention to these two very important details. I am pretty sure the devs that worked on this had a 1 Petabye connection right into the google drive source storage. But regular people don’t….